This archive mostly consists of texts produced on the occasion of Nuart Plus, an annual series of artist talks, panel debates, film screenings, workshops and more. The Nuart Plus symposium sees artists, academics, activists, news media and industry experts come together to explore a host of street art-related topics in the days leading up to the Nuart exhibition opening.
You will also find other miscellaneous articles here written by members of the Nuart team, some more and some less related to public art practice.
The articles are listed chronologically, and by the theme of that year’s Nuart Plus symposium when applicable.
Nuart Plus: Power
- Javier Abarca: Some notes on street art, murals and power in public space
- Adrian Burnham: Cleverly Contesting the Surfaces of Power
- Susan Hansen: The Right to Write the City: Breaking the Law of Utouchability
- Carlo McCormick: To the Streets
- Pedro Soares Neves: Economical Power: Lisbon Urban Art case study
- Laima Nomeikaite: Street Art as Heritage: Right to the City?
- Igor Ponosov: Rebirth of Russian Street art during the protest movement
- Poesia & Ekg: A Major Minority: An Intercontinental Survey of Othercontemporary Urban Art
- Evan Pricco: Fall on Me
- Mikkel Bolt Rasmussen: Theses on art, alienation and revolution
- Martyn Reed: Rise Up!
Nuart Plus: Utopia
- Emma Arnold: Women’s Right to the City
- Evan Pricco: Post Street-Art: When a Street Needs a Name
- Pedro Soares Neves: Street Art Between Words
Nuart Plus: 2015
- Xavier Ballaz: Barcelona: The Legal Turn
- Steven P. Harrington & Jaime Rojo: Technology, Festivals and Murals as Nuart turns 15
- Carlo McCormick: Learning to Play Along the Battle Lines